At a recent faculty meeting, members of the Saint Augustine’s University Christian Fellowship Organization urged faculty, staff and students to send encouraging messages to students. In response, the Office of the Provost submitted the following letter.
To the students of Saint Augustine’s University and the SAU Christian Fellowship Organization,
I inspire you to embrace college life and trust there’s joy at the end if you apply yourself and follow the pattern laid before you. Allow space for the uncertainty that some chapters in our life may not have titles until much later. Pause and think about what matters most to you in life; who matters and think about how to accomplish your goals as you make plans to reach them. Always remember, in your deepest struggle lies your greatest strength. ARISE – SHIFT & RELEASE your God given potential!
II Kings 4:1-6 – Borrow lots of empty jars
“Your faith will be demonstrated by the number of empty jars you borrow.” Expect many blessings from the Lord, expect that your jars will be filled! Purpose in your heart to be blessed of God in the name of Jesus!
What do you need your empty jars filled with?
* Believing in yourself and all that you are! Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
* Know that there’s something inside you that is greater than any obstacle! 1 John 4:4 Because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
* Use your time wisely; study and study to study – Don’t say you don’t have enough time, you have the exact number of hours in each day that we all have. Ecclesiastes 3: 1 & 15, To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: (15) That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been and God requireth that which is past.
* ARISE – SHIFT – RELEASE! Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it – Shift to more practical opportunities to develop your gift – then release the potential God has given you. Matthew 25: 14-30 – (23) Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.
* Set your goals and strive to meet them. Most of the greatest things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.
Psalm 121 All my help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth!
Mrs. Arleisha Roberts, PA
Office of the Provost